Saturday 4 August 2012

Photo Scavenger Hunt 1.

I SO love taking photos!  My camera comes everywhere with me and I don't need much of an excuse to use it, so I was excited to sign up for this summers Photo Scavenger Hunt, organised by Rinda


I'm doing quite well with my list, and had an unexpected surprise recently.  After dropping off Summer,  my daughter phoned to say she'd just seen a horse drawn carriage at our village church.  Well, since my  granddaughter LOVES horses we just had to run across!  I thought Summer was going to burst with excitement as she dragged me down the road and not only did we see the horses, but also the bride.  Two on my list for my scavenger hunt!



In my excitement I forgot to take a photo of the church!  But not to worry, because 
in the next village there was also a statue of an angel.




Other ransom photos were also taken locally 




 and more photos added when we attended the 'Opera in the Orchard'.  



One of my favourite photos taken was of the orchestra, but while on holiday I took another photo of someone playing a musical instrument that I liked even more.  I added a trail, and on other days out there were more photos to tick off my list .







So!  Progress is being made and I am having great fun.  In putting this together I realise there have been missed opportunities, but time is on my side and my camera is ready to go!  Today Rinda is hosting a mid-summer link up party.  A great chance to catch up and to see what photos others have taken.  If you would like to do this too, here's the link.  And it may not be too late for you to join in, if you are not already doing so!

1. A pier
2. A clothesline
3. A border
4. A roadside stand selling something
5. A train
6. A historical landmark
7. A person playing a musical instrument8. A person dressed as an angel or a statue of an angel
9. A fountain
10. A horse
11. A shadow
12. A maze, labyrinth, or trail.
13. A library
14. A person playing with a ball.
15. Someone dancing.
16. A bride.
17. A church, chapel, cathedral, mosque or temple.
18. A movie poster
19. An outdoor stairway
20. A swing hanging from a tree (or a hammock)
21.  A picture of you standing with something that symbolizes your nation.







24 comments:

  1. LOVE your photos Sandie!! Good for you almost being finished :) It is lots of fun to see what everyone is sharing! (PS - love the bride shot!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your angel photo - it is lovely! The bride prompt was the most difficult for me - it's winter down here and not a popular time of the year to get married.

    ReplyDelete
  3. super pictures, loving the horses and also the mobile library. Just popping over from the scavenger hunt catch up

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're doing really well....some great catches....love your musical instrument photo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pics Sandie..it took a moment for me to realise the truck was actually a Mobile Library!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've been busy - congratulations on getting so many done. How fun to find the horse and the bride together too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those horses are fantastic - what a wonderful take on that prompt - I love it! You've done so well, can't wait to see the rest!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the Carriage and Horses, I nearly used the opposite one to yours a Horse drawn hearse I may still add it now

    ReplyDelete
  9. The two in one bride and horse picture is wonderful! (and of course I love any photo of a library)

    ReplyDelete
  10. My goodness but you got so many of the items on the list, it won't take any time to complete it! Your photos are beautiful and very interesting--especially, the one of the wall with barbed wire on the top.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great photos - how fun that you were able to capture the horses & a bride! I especially like the shadow of the tree.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I seem to be loving everyone's outside staircases :) Great photos, you are well on your way!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the horse drawn carriage and the angel is fabby...I can feel a trip to our graveyard coming on to find one of those...x

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are all great finds, although my favorites are the horses and the bride. It's so cool that you stumbled upon them.
    Thanks for joining in the fun,
    Rinda

    ReplyDelete
  15. Really lovely bunch of photos! Love the horse & carriage

    ReplyDelete
  16. you have managed a lot of the photos well done! I still need a bride and a fountain which I am not sure I will get! There are a few others but I am more optimistic about those!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my goodness, you are going great guns with this! Those wedding horses and bride are just perfect ...

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the the new couple's horse moving along and carriage. \

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your first two photos are just fabulous! I would have loved to have seen those. Great job on the hunt!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a great collection of photos Sandie - love the bridal pair especially!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love the horse and bride photos! You're doing really well with the hunt!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Luv the rich greens of your photos.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lovely photos and your nearly finished. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Sandie ~ Thanks for the lovely comment you left on my blog. :o) Your photos are fantastic and I love seeing how everyone's are so different depending on the location. I love the photo of the bride with the confetti floating down around her. :o)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...