Wednesday 11 November 2015

TREE FOLLOWING - November 2015

Last month when I went to take photos of the two trees that I am following I had a surprise, because they showed little sign of seasonal change.  Other trees nearby had autumnal leaves and some had started to drop.

And just four weeks later there is a noticeable difference. From this:



THE LONDON PLANE. 

To this:


Some of the leaves are on the ground

This one I bought home.  I loved the colour and plan to wax it. Others I collected to use for printing.

 At the foot of the trunk the violets are getting bigger.  A couple more months and they will be in flower.  I still remember how they made me smile during the cold winter months.


And looking up you can see the seed pods.  There was none on the ground, it looks like they may be there to stay for a bit longer.

 Then I walked down to THE OAK.

Last month this tree also had green leaves.


 What a difference this time

Though the leaves I found were lovely colours.  I bought some of these home for printing too.


The only thing that looked fresh and green was this moss, growing on the trunk.

Next month will complete my one year Tree Following.  I don't think I will continue after that although I will often visit the trees as I have enjoyed watching the seasonal change. Maybe it is time to do something different... do you have any good ideas? 
 
Do I have any posts that you enjoyed and would like to see more of?
And I don't mean within the last few weeks, I mean all posts. Do any stick in your mind? Do you have any favourites?  I'd love you to tell me!
 
My 30 Day Blogging Challenge is nearing its end and I will be looking back on what I have learned, liked, and want to change.
Thanks for popping by today, it's great to have your company.

8 comments:

  1. Hi Sandie. I enjoyed reading through you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry...the comment sent before I was ready for it! Anyway, as I was saying, I enjoyed reading through your blog post about your year of following trees. Interesting thought... I have never thought of it. I wanted to thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving a nice comment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Candy. Tree Following had been an interesting experience and it has helped me look more closely and to appreciate things that I have not noticed before.

      Delete
  3. I love trees & so I enjoyed your recap about the two trees you followed. I will need to spend time in the archives reading up on them. Amazing that violets will bloom in a few months, it will be at least May before ours bloom again. I once did a scrap page about a tree in my yard, a Silver Maple. It amazes me how trees start with a key seed, fling themselves into the ground, correct side up/down, send out roots, start growing, make bark & branches, then leaves & start the process again by producing the keys. Fascinating. Thanks so much for visiting & commenting on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, it took ages here too for the trees to show any sign that they had noticed it was autumn. I wonder how they feel about the fact Monday night was supposed to be the warmest November night on record?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't think I have a favourite post. I love any of your posts that are about making books.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't been reading your blog for long, but love your idea of following the trees! I took pictures of a horse chestnut tree in our road one year meaning to scrap it, but never did! Maybe I should now?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have very much enjoyed your tree posts, and seeing the changes ... Amazing that the violets keep going though. Up here, everything that delicate dies off in the winter. You are doing well on your blogging challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...